
Am I too late?!! =) Um..that would be YES! Whoops!
We spent the holidays with my family in Vegas and I was having so much fun that I forgot to post our Christmas card on the blog! So here it is…hooray! I gave Nate the “writing honors” although I’m sure he wouldn’t say it was that – ha ha – and I think he did an amazing job. What is it about writing a Christmas card that is so hard?! Nate and I virtually play hot potato every year to determine who gets the privilege. Ha ha.
Anyways – here it is!! Our year in a nutshell…(thanks honey!)
“Pink. It’s a beautiful color (especially light pink according to Bella and Sophie) and I’m pretty much surrounded by it. Let’s see, we’ve got the pink bathroom, the pink bedroom, the pink dresses, the pink tutus, the pink blankets, the pink dolls, the pink Christmas cards, the pink (fill-in the blank) – yes I know there are other colors, but in the world of two beautiful princesses, only pink matters.
Speaking of our princesses, they are getting big. Bella loves to dance, gracefully tip-toeing through our house and choreographing shows starring the up and coming theatrical sensations Bella and Sophie. As if dancing weren’t enough, she’s also quite the singer (her current favorites are “Stuck Like Glue” and “Lover, Lover”) and specializes in making up songs about, well, everything she does – she is definitely very imaginative. She is also our little smarty-pants, already mastering her addition and subtraction facts and learning her sight words. Her vivacious personality, optimism, and fun-loving spirit make spending time with her so much fun.
Sophie is just about the funniest little girl I’ve ever met. She is a comedian and she LOVES making people laugh. She has this broad, toothy grin that lights up her happy little face. She is also our independent child – a favorite phrase of hers is “I do it by myself!” In her mind, if mommy or daddy can do it, she can too. She absolutely loves putting puzzles together and doing art projects, especially using stickers, markers and paint. Following in Bella’s footsteps, Sophie began taking ballet this year, and loved her first recital. When she walked out, she looked out over the audience, waved, and yelled, “Hi momma. I’m dancing on the stage!” I love that little girl.
I think Lexington was made for Stacie – she’s always dreamt of living in the country, and now there she is, surrounded by miles of horse farms, rustic barns, and Southern charm. Her inner country girl is definitely emerging. Her photography business continues to grow and she’s been having a lot of fun expressing her creativity. I am amazed at her talent and am really proud of what she’s accomplished. A great mom, and adored by our girls, she creates a warm and loving home for our little family. She is definitely the glue that holds us all together.
We found out a couple of weeks ago that we’ll be staying in Lexington for my Orthodontic Residency and we couldn’t be happier. Kentucky has become home (never would have thought we’d be Kentuckians) and I look forward to our next few years. As for me I’ve been keeping myself busy with school and work – some things never change! When I do have a free moment, nothing’s better than enjoying some good college football. Go UK. Go BYU.
As always, there is so much to be thankful for during this Holiday season and I can honestly say that I’ve seen our Father’s hand at work in our lives this past year. We send you our warmest wishes and pray that the Holidays will find you with much peace, love, and joy. I’m thankful for such wonderful family and friends, for the opportunity to celebrate Christ’s birth, and of course, I’m grateful for pink. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!”
Christmas
1 year ago
2 comments:
Can't handle how cute they are. Let me know when you come back in to town....I know always so much to do!!!!
Awwww! Your girls are so beautiful! I'm jealous that you've gotten them to like ballet--I'm still crossing my fingers for Sara, since Emma and Kate have rejected dance for activities where they get to hit things. As for living life in the Pinkalicious lane, all I can say is Darren and Evan can commiserate . . . And as we've been stuffing children into our townhome-by-the-sea, rural life sounds better and better to me. (Darren still has the notion that we should stay where we have a job; always thinking ahead, that one). Good to hear from you! Have a great year!
Post a Comment